American Fortune 500 retail corporation expands best practices in a single market globally, leveraging their operating model as an asset
A global retailer
Dynamic Capability Maps
Capability Alignment to the Business Operating Model
Individual Capability Insights
Capability Maturity Assessments
01 Our customer
A Fortune 100 American multinational retail corporation generating more than $150B in revenue annually. They have been in business for over 40 years and are proud to have more than 190,000 employees driving their business forward.
Allow for best practices in one market to be easily leveraged and proliferated into other markets and create traceability across value streams, business capabilities, operational processes, information, and technical solutions. Highlight compliance requirements and gaps.
- To increase the visibility of the organization across a variety of diverse business models and through multiple business units in different regions.
- Improve response time to market changes and competitor challenges.
- Close compliance gaps and reduce the incidence of compliance breaches across the organization.
- Identify opportunities to leverage the scale of the organization and drive common investment plans for innovation and operations.
02 Solution and outcome
Capsifi was used by our customer to digitize its integrated business operating model into a centralized repository. Value streams were compared across markets to identify best practices and opportunities to align and rationalize technology stacks.
Policy and legislation within each market were related to relevant parts of the business operating model providing dynamic and instant insights into compliance needs and gaps. Initiatives were mapped to the capabilities they focused on uplifting, allowing for visibility of investment decisions and solutions globally.
The single referenceable global business model developed allowed for best practices in one market to be easily leveraged and proliferated into other markets. Extensive traceability across value streams, business capabilities, operational processes, information, and technical solutions was achieved. This in turn helped highlight compliance requirements and gaps, allowing for remediations and controls to be tightened.
Gaps and redundancies in the operating model across business units and regions were identified, supporting holistic decisions about transformation investment.
03 Why Capsifi was selected
- Dynamic Capability Maps
- Capability Alignment to the Business Operating Model
- Individual Capability Insights
- Capability Maturity Assessments
- Uplift Roadmaps